One of the most versatile and inexpensive ways of transforming a space is to hang Tassel Garlands. They are showing up everywhere these days! Chances are you saw them at a Summer wedding or at the last baby shower you went to or at a friend's BBQ. I've compiled the ultimate how-to guide to styling Tassel Garlands. I've broken this guide into four sections: Wedding, Entertaining, Home Decor, and Parties.
1. Tassel Garlands are a great way to incorporate your wedding colors into areas that would otherwise stay blank. Use them outdoors or next to walls. Bonus tip: go vertical with your Tassel Garlands and hang them from balloons!
2. Hang the Tassel Garlands above the dance floor. Play some good tunes and your guests will be down to boogie!
3. A big trend right now is to hang Tassel Garlands around your dessert table. It adds extra fun to the area, and still looks pretty after you've eaten all the cake!
4. More is more. Entertaining for whatever occasion is fun, and what's more fun then layers of pretty Tassel Garlands? Pick a fun palate of colors for your party then load up!
5. But sometimes a little goes a long way, especially if your party is outdoor casual. One strand of Tassel Garlands looks beautiful, especially when you add twinkle lights!
6. When using Tassel Garlands as home decor, stick to more neutral colors. Tassel Garlands can look really dreamy. Pro tip: support the Tassel Garlands in the center, so they have a scalloped edge instead of a straight line.
7. Hang Tassel Garlands in unexpected places. If you have a blank wall or a wide window, why not use Tassel Garlands to fill the space? It's a creative and inexpensive decor solution!
8. Use Tassel Garlands to decorate your home for the seasons. They can spruce up a room in a flash! Just make sure to keep them far away from candles!
9. Kids parties are the perfect place to use Tassel Garlands. You can use fun, bright colors to match whatever your kid is into that year- Frozen, dinosaurs, princesses, bugs, whatever.
10. Big kids like Tassel Garlands at their birthday parties too. Just add the bubbly! If it's good enough for Blake Lively, you know it's good enough for you too.
11. Tassel Garlands are a really easy way to transform a party. Just imagine these parties without their Tassel Garlands. The Tassel Garlands really make them memorable. Hang them from the rafters or from branches.
12. No matter what the theme of the birthday party is, Tassel Garlands enhance it. Modern, playful, or decadent, Tassel Garlands make it happen.
Gigantic, round, 36 Inch Balloons are the newest trend in celebration decor. They're more modern and stylish than their tiny ancestors (normal sized balloons) but they're twice as fun.
These 36 Inch Balloons are popping up everywhere- from modern weddings, to kids parties, to gender reveals, to photos on Instagram.
Here's a list of 7 ways to style your 36 Inch Balloons like a pro.
1. Gigantic Balloons make great Photo Booth backgrounds.
2. Make sure to anchor the Balloons well. They are filled with a lot more helium then your average Balloon!
3. Use a single 36 Inch Balloon as a centerpiece for your table. Instant party!
4. Or gather a bunch of 36 Inch Balloons to make a fun statement that no one will forget!
5. Modern Balloons are great wedding decorations. They're an inexpensive way to make a big impact!
6. Modern Balloons are super cute props for photo shoots. Just make sure to keep them away from your hair- static city!
7. Giant Balloons are super cool, but they're also super fun. When in doubt, go for color. Let your inner child run wild!
Most Prospect Goods customers use my Piñatas as pendants in their home decor. I wanted to show different ways to incorporate Prospect Goods in your home, so I created a Dreamy Bedroom, a Modern Boho Living Room, and a Fun Kitchen.
I love how creative some of you get with your piñata requests! The six foot high heel was the largest piñata request (so far). The Hello Kitty in colors that weren't Hello Kitty colors was the most curious. I could go on and on with examples of interesting piñata requests...
When I create a piñata from scratch, it means I have to create and test a custom design, then build and dry the piñata. This takes a lot of time. Then I have to ship the piñata, which depending on the size, can end up costing quite a bit. That means I have to respond to a question like, "Can you make a dinosaur in my custom colors for my six year old?" with "Sure, it will cost $250!" Not exactly what they were looking for.
Thankfully, the internet is full of DIY Tutorials. If the piñata shape you're looking for already exists at the party supplies stores, I'd highly recommend that you use these DIY tutorials to customize the piñata yourself. It might not be a Prospect Goods creation, but it might end up being just what you're looking for. Just take their steps and apply it to the shape of piñata you're working with!
If you're still looking for a Prospect Goods creation though, let's talk. :)
Calling all creative entrepreneurs! I’m super excited to let you know that I am participating as a mentor at this year’s Maker Mentors Online Holiday Conference!
The organizers have brought together some of the smartest business experts and best creative business owners together to create a one-day event designed to help you make this your most profitable holiday season. (Somehow they let me in as a mentor, but don't hold that against them.)
The conference is happening on September 19th, but you will have lifetime access to the content. Everyone who signs up will be paired with a mentor for a one-on-one coaching session. One of you will have the chance to get a mentoring session with me, which I am the most excited about. :)
Register now with discount code “MENTORME” and get $25 off of your registration fee.
At this conference, you will learn from creative business mentors and have access to:
- 10+ live-streamed sessions with an amazing lineup of speakers
- Access to interactive community forums
- One-on-one access to a mentor
- Tons of resources to help you grow your creative business
I hope you will join the event! Register here with the promo code “MENTORME” and see you at Maker Mentors!
Fern & Maple recently styled a party for Sephora and recruited Prospect Goods to help bring her vision to life. Her budget was limited, so we went with Prospect Goods 36 Inch Balloons with Tassel Tails attached to create a wow factor but not breaking the bank. She filled the Clear Balloons with Gold Confetti, to add extra sparkle and interest. Once the room filled with people, the Balloons were still visible, so the decor was not lost in the crowd. Love it!